Porcelain Veneers or Bonding?
What Makes Porcelain Veneers Better Than Bonding In Cosmetic Dentistry?
The beauty of modern technology is that there is a solution for almost every problem. This is more so when it comes to cosmetics. If your teeth are severely broken or discolored, you have the option of using porcelain veneers or bonding. Choosing between the two options can be hard. However, taking the time to understand the pros and cons of each will enable you to make the most informed choice.
This is a technique in cosmetic dentistry which uses composite resin to cover imperfections. The resin is matched to the color of the patient then applied freehand by a dentist. Resin can be molded and covered to cover imperfections. The main purpose of dental bonding is to improve the look of discolored, chipped and short teeth. It may also be used to protect exposed tooth root which results from the tooth receding. The downside, however, is that bonding is not as natural looking as porcelain veneers Barrie. This is because it doesn’t have the translucent look.
Veneers are more like artificial fingernails. They are thin shells of porcelain which cover the fronts of the teeth. The main function of the veneers is to cover up gaps between teeth and to hide crooked, stained or misshapen teeth. Prior to the attachment of the veneers, the dentist reshapes the teeth by removing part of the enamel which allows the teeth to accommodate the added thickness of veneers. A molded image of the teeth is sent to the dental lab where porcelain veneers are made to fit a specific patient while covering imperfections. The completed veneers are then applied to the teeth using an adhesive material. You will need at least 3 office visits for the procedure to be completed. It may also take several weeks.
WHY GO WITH VENEERS?
Can Veneers Be Combined With Other Treatments?
One of the prime reasons why people go with veneers is because they are natural looking. This is very important in cosmetic dentistry. Other reasons are because veneers are more durable, stronger, can customize your smile, can be combined with other treatments, are stain resistant, and there is no recovery time needed.
What Is The Main Problem of Veneers?
The main problem with veneers is that the treatment takes much longer. The teeth have to be prepared and images have to be sent to the lab for the porcelain to be made before they can be fixed. In the long run, it takes weeks. This is not the case with bonding. With bonding, you can get the procedure done in a single visit. Bonding is much easier, faster and less expensive.
All in all, the two options will definitely enhance your confidence. An improved smile helps boost your confidence about your appearance and will ultimately give you a better quality life. The important thing you have to do is to find the most competent dentist and take note of the materials used. You also need to listen to dentist recommendations before making your choice. For the best results when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you should not base your choice solely on cost.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Molson Park Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
Additional Articles About Porcelain Vaneers
- 3 Things you Need to Know about Maintenance for Porcelain Veneers
- 3 Ways to Repair a Chipped Tooth
- 7 Benefits of Having Veneers
- 7 Facts about Porcelain Veneers that You Need to Know
- 7 Main Treatments Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry
- CEREC Digital Technology is Now Available In Barrie
- Dental Solutions for Damaged and Decayed Teeth
- Frequently Asked Questions about Porcelain Veneers
- How Much do Porcelain Veneers Cost in Canada
- How To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Restoring Chipped and Worn Out Teeth
- Solutions for Broken Teeth
- Solutions Used To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Tooth Replacement Solutions for Missing Teeth
- What are Clip-on Teeth Veneers and Are They Right for Me
- What are Dental Consent Forms and Why They Matter
- What are Porcelain Veneers Made of
- What are the Steps to Getting Porcelain Veneers
- What is the Right Age for Porcelain Veneers
- What Makes Porcelain Veneers Better Than Bonding?