Do you catch yourself not smiling because of dental issues on your front teeth? Perhaps you feel uncomfortable in situations like a job interview and smile less than you would like to? Porcelain veneers have become one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures, and for good reason. If you have a number of relatively small dental defects in your smile, porcelain veneers can be a quick and effective way to correct them all at once. They are tools to perfect your smile, making it as close to nature as possible.
Are you looking for new teeth-in-a-day to transform your loose teeth or old dentures into a confidence-boosting smile? If so, Dr. Adam Chapnick, a renowned cosmetic dentist in Toronto, is here for you. We will make sure your self-esteem remains high as you improve your social connections. The immediately functional Toronto cosmetic dentistry we provide will get you talking, smiling, and laughing without any worries.
A dental veneer is a thin cover bonded to the front of a tooth to permanently improve its shape and colour. Porcelain is a dental ceramic material that looks amazingly like tooth enamel. There are many companies that offer porcelain veneers and Dr. Chapnick will advice you the one that give the best results. All of his veneer patients and are very pleased and satisfied with their new smile. You can see some of the results in our Before and After gallery.
A patient’s impression is sent off to a dentistry laboratory in order to get porcelain veneers made specifically for that patient’s mouth. When they are applied, veneers are settled into place, re-designed, and molded to ensure that they fit the mouth of the patient to its most precise detail. We generally like to schedule a follow-up approximately one to two weeks after the procedure has been completed in order to check a patient’s bite, evaluate their fitting, and answer any further inquiries.
The other ten percent of Dr. Chapnick’s veneer patients choose to have Lumineers, which are even thinner than Empress veneers. They require removal of little or no tooth enamel to make space for them and they are marketed as “no-prep veneers’. Dr. Chapnick is impressed with the high quality of the Emax porcelain and uses it for other restorations as well, including dental crowns and white fillings.
cosmetic dental problems
Problems Corrected by Porcelain Veneers
When Dr. Adam Chapnick designs and places your porcelain veneers, all defects will be covered by smooth, even, natural-looking tooth surfaces that are part of the teeth they cover. He along with his skilled team, will match the shade of dental porcelain he uses to the shade of your natural tooth enamel. If you would like to whiten your teeth, you should do that before having veneers done so that Dr. Chapnick can match the veneers to your new bright colour.
Another cosmetic dentistry procedure that can correct similar smile problems is dental bonding. In this procedure, Dr. Chapnick shapes a soft, tooth-coloured material to change tooth contours and sizes or fill small gaps, and hardens it with a curing light. You can learn more about dental bonding and ask us questions by contacting us.
Veneers are placed most commonly on the front teeth – the teeth that are visible when you smile. Of the common cosmetic dental problems that people bring to our office, porcelain veneers can correct a large proportion, such as:
- Small gaps between front teeth
- Slight crookedness
- Uneven sizes
- Mismatched shapes
- Staining that has not responded to teeth whitening
When Teeth need Excellent Straightening
If you aren’t a candidate for veneers there are other options available:
Clear aligner therapy is a way of realigning teeth uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-made to fit over your teeth and gently nudge them into proper positions. If you have any questions about Clear aligner therapy visit our questions about Clear aligner therapy page.
Sometimes Dr. Chapnick will refer a person for more comprehensive orthodontic work if that is necessary. Those sorts of decisions can be made after you have had a personal consultation with Dr. Chapnick. If you would like to know more about how to improve your smile, please contact our dental office today. We serve Barrie and Toronto area, and we hope to work with you soon.
Veneers use a thin coating of porcelain that is then bonded to the top of your teeth to create a brighter, more attractive smile. This type of procedure is typically sought out by patients who need their teeth repaired due to general damage, staining, chipping, cracking, or to resolve gapped spaces between the teeth. A porcelain veneer procedure will be able to resolve these issues, correcting colour, repairing the physical arrangement of teeth, and ultimately providing you with one of the most effective restorative dentistry procedures.
Contact the Chapnick Dental Office team today to schedule an appointment and complimentary consultation regarding the placement of porcelain veneers.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Chapnik Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Porcelain Veneers?
- Can I use Porcelain Veneers for smile improvement?
- How long does porcelain veneer last when used for cosmetic purposes?
- How do other types of Cosmetic Dental Bonding Procedures Compare to the Porcelain Veneers?
- How do I tell if I should go for porcelain veneers?
- How long does it take to have porcelain veneers?
- Can having porcelain veneer fitting hurt me?
- What are the results of the fitting likely to be?
- What factors determine the cost of porcelain veneers fitting?
- What exactly is the cost of having porcelain veneer fitting?
What are Porcelain Veneers?
These are thin and shiny shells made of porcelain that eventually become part of your teeth. They are also known as porcelain dental laminates or dental veneers. In most cases, dentists will recommend porcelain veneers for cosmetic dentistry. They are helpful for teeth brightening and improving a smile. A qualified dentist will always consider factors such as thickness, color, and other essential variables when designing a porcelain veneer for their patients. Porcelain veneers are the most preferred teeth rehabilitation for most patients because of their efficiency.
Can I use Porcelain Veneers for smile improvement?
Ideally, most dentists like Dr. Chapnick would recommend porcelain veneer for anyone intending to improve their smiles. Here are some common uses of porcelain veneers you should know:
- Used to bridge or fill the gap between the teeth to make them attractive
- Hide by covering the stained and discolored teeth fillings
- Whitening stained teeth
- Correction of the defects and imperfections on the tooth
How long does porcelain veneer last when used for cosmetic purposes?
The duration of porcelain veneer depends on how the dentist operates on the teeth. In most cases, it would last more than 15 years when well managed. Note that the duration of porcelain veneer may reduce significantly relative to your lifestyle and teeth property.
How do other types of Cosmetic Dental Bonding Procedures Compare to the Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers have many benefits compared to other cosmetic dental bonding procedures. Here are the reasons why patients all over the world prefer porcelain veneers:
- They give the teeth a natural look. It is difficult to identify if someone has a porcelain veneer on them.
- Stains do not affect porcelain veneers and therefore last longer than other dental bonding options.
- It protects the teeth surface from any food and drinks like coffee, tea, and wine that may cause discoloration. Porcelain veneers cover your teeth so that you do not worry about what you eat and when you eat it.
How do I tell if I should go for porcelain veneers?
Anyone looking forward to protecting their teeth or improving their smile can go for porcelain veneers. A porcelain veneer is the right option for you if you want to feel better about yourself and you desire a more beautiful and attractive smile. If you have issues with broken teeth, irregular tooth alignment, abnormal spacing, chipped teeth, and cracked teeth, then you can opt for porcelain veneers. Your dentist will always recommend another suitable option if porcelain veneers cannot be useful.
How long does it take to have porcelain veneers?
If you visit a dental facility with all the essential equipment, you will only require two occasions. The first occasion will involve consultation and medical examination. The last visit involves the actual procedure the dentists perform on your teeth. If you have a unique need that the dentist must address before operating, then the time you spend visiting the dental facility may vary.
It is essential to book an appointment with your local dentist if you look forward to saving some time. You can also contact your preferred dentist for an appointment if you have a busy schedule. Most private dental facilities operate on weekends so that they can provide cosmetic dentistry services to their clients.
Can having porcelain veneer fitting hurt me?
Your dentist will inject a local anesthetic to kill any pain that you may feel during the fitting process. Most patients that undergo the procedure are usually comfortable throughout the process.
What are the results of the fitting likely to be?
If the dentist carries a successful porcelain veneer fitting, you should expect to have a more beautiful and attractive smile than before. The porcelain veneers will feel like your real teeth once the dentist ends the fitting.
What factors determine the cost of porcelain veneers fitting?
The cost of having porcelain veneers differs depending on the following factors:
- The consultation fee charged by the dental facility
- The number of teeth you would like to have the porcelain veneers on them
- The qualifications of the dentists fitting the porcelain veneers and the technical skills of the ceramist involved in making the veneers
- Patient location: The cost of applying veneers varies depending on where the dentist performs it. You are likely to spend more if you go for veneer fitting in a large metropolitan town.
- Patient’s insurance cover: Ideally, applying porcelain veneers is grouped under cosmetic dentistry. Therefore, most health insurance policies do not cover it.
- The types of material your dentist uses
What exactly is the cost of having porcelain veneer fitting?
How much you spend on having veneer fitting will depend on the number of teeth you want your dentist to operate, and other variables mentioned earlier. Ideally, the cost of having a porcelain veneer for each tooth ranges from $900 – $1500. There are many financing companies your dentist can connect you to, so as to finance the fitting and give you peace of mind.
The number of patients a dentist has operated on successfully and their skill level in the industry are some factors that determine the amount they will charge you for the fitting. Always, patients seek cosmetic dentist services from a reputable dental facility, which means they have to part ways with a reasonable amount of money.
Having porcelain veneers may be expensive but cost-effective in the end compared to other treatment options such a bonding. The alternative options require regular maintenance and do not last long compared to porcelain veneers. This means that if you opt for cheaper types of cosmetic dental bonding procedures, you are likely to spend more after all.
Although expensive, porcelain veneers deliver the best results on cosmetic dentistry. They help in improving your smile and making you look attractive. Ultimately, dentists can use porcelain veneers to take care of teeth cracks, chips, the abnormal spacing between teeth, worn enamel, and irregular alignment of the tooth. The multipurpose aspect of porcelain veneers makes it one of the most sought options for cosmetic dentistry.
Additional Articles About Porcelain Vaneers
- 3 Things you Need to Know about Maintenance for Porcelain Veneers
- 3 Ways to Repair a Chipped Tooth
- 7 Benefits of Having Veneers
- 7 Facts about Porcelain Veneers that You Need to Know
- 7 Main Treatments Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry
- CEREC Digital Technology is Now Available In Barrie
- Dental Solutions for Damaged and Decayed Teeth
- Frequently Asked Questions about Porcelain Veneers
- How Much do Porcelain Veneers Cost in Canada
- How To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Restoring Chipped and Worn Out Teeth
- Solutions for Broken Teeth
- Solutions Used To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Tooth Replacement Solutions for Missing Teeth
- What are Clip-on Teeth Veneers and Are They Right for Me
- What are Dental Consent Forms and Why They Matter
- What are Porcelain Veneers Made of
- What are the Steps to Getting Porcelain Veneers
- What is the Right Age for Porcelain Veneers
- What Makes Porcelain Veneers Better Than Bonding?