Solutions for Damaged Teeth
Dental Solutions for Damaged and Decayed Teeth
Cavities at times form even when you are trying your best to prevent them. Tooth decay is a dental problem that can’t repair itself. If not addressed immediately, it only gets worse and more painful. The main symptoms of decayed teeth include foul breath, pain, jaw pain, hot and cold sensitivity, headaches and tooth discoloration. Decay happens when the sticky plaque bacteria on the teeth’s surface converts sugars from the foods you eat to acid. The acids eat away the hard enamel covering the teeth.
Treatment for Decayed And Damaged Teeth
If a cavity is detected early enough before it reaches the dentin, it can be corrected by use of toothpastes, mouthwash and filling materials. However, if it is past the dentin you need a more comprehensive treatment. Some solutions for decayed and damaged teeth include:
Crown are dental solutions for damaged teeth that have lost their structure. They restore the shape and function of the teeth. Crowns also strengthen the tooth. However, they cost more than fillings.If the tooth decay is extensive, a root canal treatment may be done to remove the pulp and damaged nerve before the tooth gets a crown. Root canal treatment removes bacteria and all the decay and the empty root canal is filled with dental filler.
Porcelain veneers Barrie are ideal for restoring damaged teeth especially if you want a brighter smile. Porcelain veneers are thin wafers of porcelain that are placed on top of the natural teeth. Its thickness is similar to that of a fingernail and it’s harder than the tooth enamel. Another characteristic of porcelain veneers is that they are more stain resistant than the natural tooth enamel.
Amalgam Fillings And Tooth Colored Resin
Amalgam fillings have been used over the years to fill cavities. However, nowadays they are losing their popularity due to a number of factors. Since amalgam fillings are metallic, they expand and contract with temperature changes and this can harm the tooth and cause more cavities. They also don’t adhere to the tooth and thus can come out any time. Due to these problems, oral healthcare professionals came up with tooth colored resins, which are better compared to amalgam. Tooth colored resins blend in well with the tooth and don’t change in size over time.
IMPROVEMENT OF THE APPEARANCE OF TEETH
Dental bonding can be used to improve the appearance of teeth that have been destroyed by decay. Bonding is done by use of composite resin that is applied to the damaged tooth. The tooth’s enamel is first polished with phosphoric acid to make it possible for the resin to adhere to the tooth. Resin is then applied to the tooth. A high intensity light is used to harden the resin.
Tooth Extraction And Dental Implants
If the tooth is severely decayed and none of the above options can be used to salvage it, then there is no option but to extract it. After extraction, dentists advise one to get dental implants to cover the space left to ensure that the remaining teeth will not shift.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Molson Park Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
Additional Articles About Porcelain Vaneers
- 3 Things you Need to Know about Maintenance for Porcelain Veneers
- 3 Ways to Repair a Chipped Tooth
- 7 Benefits of Having Veneers
- 7 Facts about Porcelain Veneers that You Need to Know
- 7 Main Treatments Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry
- CEREC Digital Technology is Now Available In Barrie
- Dental Solutions for Damaged and Decayed Teeth
- Frequently Asked Questions about Porcelain Veneers
- How Much do Porcelain Veneers Cost in Canada
- How To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Restoring Chipped and Worn Out Teeth
- Solutions for Broken Teeth
- Solutions Used To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Tooth Replacement Solutions for Missing Teeth
- What are Clip-on Teeth Veneers and Are They Right for Me
- What are Dental Consent Forms and Why They Matter
- What are Porcelain Veneers Made of
- What are the Steps to Getting Porcelain Veneers
- What is the Right Age for Porcelain Veneers
- What Makes Porcelain Veneers Better Than Bonding?