Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
7 Main Treatments Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is designed to transform your smile. As a result, this is a very detailed process from the very first appointment to the last. If you are thinking of getting the treatment, it is wise to start by understanding the various treatments that are used by cosmetic dentists. This post takes a look at the top treatments you can expect from a reputable cosmetic dentist.
Just as the phrase implies, tooth whitening is all about making the teeth whiter and brighter. There are many methods used here including home whitening where patients wear clear plastic trays with bleaching gels or think plastic strips that are coated with a bleaching gel. The most highly recommended option is that of working with a dentist.
With in-office bleaching, the work is done by a dental hygienist. The treatment is more effective since the bleaching agents are stronger than the ones that are available commercially. With in-office bleaching, you may need just a single appointment to achieve your whitening goals.
This is all about moving crooked, rotated or shifted teeth into their correct position. This makes the teeth to look and function better. The movement of the teeth is achieved by using various methods among them braces, invisalign and removable appliances. Your dentist will explain the reason for choosing one method over the others.
This is the gold standard when correcting broken, discolored or misshapen teeth. A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that is attached using adhesive materials on the affected tooth. The tooth has to be prepared and photographed before porcelain restoration can proceed. The key reason why most people go for porcelain veneers Barrie is because they mimic natural teeth and last much longer than bonding.
This is the application of a composite resin on to a tooth. The method can be used as a filling or to resurface the discolored teeth. It can also be used as intermediary step for persons considering porcelain veneers. The advantage bonding has over porcelain veneer is that it costs less and there is no lab time or impressions. Everything can be done in just one appointment.
This method is used to replace missing teeth. The implants look as natural as the other teeth. They are also more comfortable than the other restorations.
OTHER COSMETIC SERVICES
These replace a maximum of 2 teeth. The patient must have strong teeth on either side of the gap. The bridge is prepared in a lab for a specific patient based on a mold. The bridge will be fixed and held in place by the strong teeth on either sides of the gap.
These are removable teeth. They can be complete dentures which replace all the teeth or partial dentures which replace a few teeth.
These are the main services offered by cosmetic dentists. You need to make sure that the dentist you are considering is experienced. Always ask for before-and-after photos of some of the work the dentist has done recently. This will give you some insight into the quality of the work.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Molson Park Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
Additional Articles About Porcelain Vaneers
- 3 Things you Need to Know about Maintenance for Porcelain Veneers
- 3 Ways to Repair a Chipped Tooth
- 7 Benefits of Having Veneers
- 7 Facts about Porcelain Veneers that You Need to Know
- 7 Main Treatments Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry
- CEREC Digital Technology is Now Available In Barrie
- Dental Solutions for Damaged and Decayed Teeth
- Frequently Asked Questions about Porcelain Veneers
- How Much do Porcelain Veneers Cost in Canada
- How To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Restoring Chipped and Worn Out Teeth
- Solutions for Broken Teeth
- Solutions Used To Fix Gaps Between Teeth
- Tooth Replacement Solutions for Missing Teeth
- What are Clip-on Teeth Veneers and Are They Right for Me
- What are Dental Consent Forms and Why They Matter
- What are Porcelain Veneers Made of
- What are the Steps to Getting Porcelain Veneers
- What is the Right Age for Porcelain Veneers
- What Makes Porcelain Veneers Better Than Bonding?