FIVE HABITS TO GIVE UP NOW
Brushing and flossing can only go so far if you engage in daily habits that harm the teeth. The Barrie dentists at Molson Park Dental Office are here to work individually with you to help you give up harmful habits and take steps to protect the long-term health and beauty of your smile. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, please call (705) 722-4848 today.
- Bruxism – teeth grinding is a leading cause of TMJ. It can also result in uneven tooth wear and eventual tooth loss
- Biting ice or hard candies – biting hard objects can chip, crack, or break teeth. In some cases, biting ice or hard candies can even cause restorations to fall out
- Putting things that are not edible in the mouth – see above. Hard objects and non- consumables are not good for the teeth
- Failing to maintain routine dental visits – daily care is essential, but not enough to fully prevent cavities and gum disease
- Smoking – this is a big one. Smoking stains teeth, increases risks for gum disease and oral cancer, increases risks for dry mouth, cavities and tooth infection, and causes chronic halitosis. If you smoke, stopping now is the best thing you can do for your oral health
If you have questions about maintaining optimal oral health or if you are looking for a dentist in the Barrie, Ontario area, please contact Molson Park Dental Office to schedule an appointment today.