Oral Health Issues
Common Oral Health Issues Most People Face
There are oral health issues that most people will experience in their lifetime. The good thing is that, these dental problems are simple to treat and sometimes can be restored instantly, improving the person’s smile and ability to chew and read. Practicing good oral hygiene can go a long way in keeping these dental problems away. Let’s look at some common dental problems that you may experience in your lifetime and what you need to watch out for:
Are you looking for new teeth-in-a-day to transform your loose teeth or old dentures into a confidence-boosting smile? If so, Dr. Adam Chapnick, a renowned cosmetic dentist in Toronto, is here for you. We will make sure your self-esteem remains high as you improve your social connections. The immediately functional Toronto cosmetic dentistry we provide will get you talking, smiling, and laughing without any worries.
You may notice some pain or discomfort or just an unpleasant sensation whenever you drink hot/cold fluids or foods. You are probably suffering from teeth sensitivity. There are many reasons for this including decay, fractures, worn out fillings and gum disease. The dentist will have to perform a review in order to determine the cause of tooth sensitivity. Different forms of treatment may be recommended for this. For instance, a simple step like changing your toothpaste can help to get rid of the sensitivity. In other cases, you may need to have a restorative dentistry procedure performed to relieve the sensitivity.
Though common in children, there are adults who will experience the issue of teeth grinding mainly due to stress. Teeth grinding needs to be treated early; it can lead to headaches, jaw soreness and other serious dental issues. The dentist may recommend a suitable mouth guard which the patient has to wear in order to provide a good level of protection. There are other solutions that may be recommended depending on the underlying problem that the patient is facing.
Gum disease can be painful, uncomfortable and hard to treat. The worst thing about gum disease is that it can affect the tissue and surrounding teeth if left untreated. In fact, the effects of gum disease can be very destructive. Gum disease is caused by plaque which forms mainly due to lack of cleaning and routine checkups. When it goes untreated, gum disease can cause one to lose teeth and the supporting bone. It is very possible to have gum disease and not know. Having a dentist to review your teeth once every 6 months is one of the best ways to prevent gum disease or make sure it is treated in its early stages. This will help to prevent inflammation, pain and swelling.
THE IMPORTANCE OF REGULAR DENTIST VISITS
Men above 40 years of age are said to be at the greatest risk of oral cancer. Cancer of the mouth, tongue or throat can be attributed to lifestyle choices like tobacco smoking and consumption of alcohol. If you suspect that you could be suffering from oral cancer, visit the dental clinic immediately. Most dentists will diagnose oral cancer during routine checkups.
Broken Down Fillings
If you have had fillings before and they begin to break down, it is important to have a dentist restore them immediately. When you stay with broken down fillings, you are giving room for bacteria and food to stick underneath them and cause decay inside the tooth.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Chapnik Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
- Facts About Men And Oral Health
- Understand the Causes and Treatments for Dry Mouth
- Dental Bonding: How It Works
- What To Expect After A Dental Extraction
- Learn The Main Causes Of Toothaches
- Common Causes of Gum Problems
- Tips To Prevent Common Dental Problems
- Is Tooth Decay Reversible?
- Tooth Sensitivity Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- What Causes Facial Pain?
- The Benefits Of A Dental Implant Bridge
- Tips for Choosing the Right Toothbrush
- Why You Should Opt For A Single Dental Implant
- Why Are Women Prone To Gum Disease?
- Optimal Oral Health For The Entire Family
- Restorative Dentistry
- What You Need To Know About Teeth Bonding
- How to Prevent and Relieve Dry Mouth at Night
- Bad Breath – Causes and Treatment Options
- Top Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry Answered
- Why It’s Important To Have Dental Implants Fitted Locally
- Tips for Oral Care during Pregnancy
- Suffering From Hypodontia? Get Dental Implants
- Practical Tips To Maintain Good Oral Health
- How To Manage Sensitivity After Teeth Whitening
- How Teeth Grinding Can Compromise Dental Health
- How Does The Food You Eat Affect Your Oral Health?
- Dental Procedures To Correct Deep Bites
- Dental And Cosmetic Reasons To Wear Braces
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures To Improve Your Smile
- Common Oral Health Issues Most People Face
- Common Dental Procedures To Improve Your Smile
- Common Causes Of A Metallic Taste In The Mouth
- 3 Oral Health Care Mistakes You Must Avoid
- Basic Dental Care Tips to Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
- Achieve Your Desired Smile Makeover With Dental Bonding
- 6 Common Dental Problems And How To Fix Them
- 5 Facts About Dental Implants You Need to Know
- 4 Things Your Dentist Will Probably Tell You On The Next Visit
- 4 Natural Ways To Improve Your Smile