Oral Health Care Mistakes
3 Oral Health Care Mistakes You Must Avoid
Many people would go great lengths to have the perfect looking smile. There are those who would consider tooth bonding Barrie to restore their smile. A bright smile conveys good health and also makes you more approachable. But it’s surprising how people make costly oral hygiene mistakes unknowingly. Do you always brush twice a day and floss regularly? Could you be doing it wrongly? Let’s look at common dental care mistakes you need to avoid.
Are you looking for new teeth-in-a-day to transform your loose teeth or old dentures into a confidence-boosting smile? If so, Dr. Adam Chapnick, a renowned cosmetic dentist in Toronto, is here for you. We will make sure your self-esteem remains high as you improve your social connections. The immediately functional Toronto cosmetic dentistry we provide will get you talking, smiling, and laughing without any worries.
Bushing Immediately After Meals
It’s a general recommendation that you need to brush your teeth at least twice a day. While this is true, brushing your teeth immediately after having a meal can have more harm than good. Dentists usually recommend brushing at least 30 minutes after consuming food. This helps to prevent the outermost layer of your enamel from damage.
This is because when you brush immediately after a meal, the enamel is usually more sensitive and prone to damage. After consuming food, the enamel is weakened because of the acidic nature of the food particles that it is exposed to. Next time, try and wait for a couple of minutes before brushing your teeth after a meal.
Using The Wrong Toothbrush, Paste or Mouthwash
Brushing your teeth twice a day is important but you also need to make sure you are using the right tools when you do so. For instance, you need to find a toothpaste that is properly suited for you. A toothpaste that has fluoride is the best for your teeth. Avoid the kind of toothpastes and mouthwashes that make your teeth sensitive. For instance, if you are trying to whiten your teeth using toothpaste, do not overdo it as this can cause sensitivity. Also ask your dentist to recommend a tooth whitening paste that is effective and doesn’t expose your teeth to further damage.
When it comes to the toothbrush, you need to choose one that has soft bristles. A toothbrush with a small brush head and soft bristles is recommended because it doesn’t expose your teeth to damage. Look for a toothbrush that not only cleans and polishes your teeth but also helps to stimulate the gums. When the bristles are too hard, they tend to cause damage to the gums and increase the risk of infection.
BRUSHING THE GUMS AND TEETH AGGRESSIVELY
What Happens When you Are too Rough on the Teeth?
You need to be gentle when handling your teeth. When you get into a habit of brushing the gum and teeth too roughly, you can cause damage without getting the teeth any clean. What happens when you are too rough on the teeth is that it tears the enamel and gum. This exposes the area to infection and gum disease. Be very gentle when you are brushing the teeth bearing in mind that the gum tissue is very sensitive and can be easily exposed to plaque.
How to Floss your Teeth?
When flossing, do not apply too much pressure. If unsure of what to use or how to brush and floss your teeth without causing damage, ask the dentist to show you during your next appointment. Improving your regular dental care routine can go a long way in helping you maintain good oral health.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Chapnik Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Adam Chapnick works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.
- Facts About Men And Oral Health
- Understand the Causes and Treatments for Dry Mouth
- Dental Bonding: How It Works
- What To Expect After A Dental Extraction
- Learn The Main Causes Of Toothaches
- Common Causes of Gum Problems
- Tips To Prevent Common Dental Problems
- Is Tooth Decay Reversible?
- Tooth Sensitivity Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- What Causes Facial Pain?
- The Benefits Of A Dental Implant Bridge
- Tips for Choosing the Right Toothbrush
- Why You Should Opt For A Single Dental Implant
- Why Are Women Prone To Gum Disease?
- Optimal Oral Health For The Entire Family
- Restorative Dentistry
- What You Need To Know About Teeth Bonding
- How to Prevent and Relieve Dry Mouth at Night
- Bad Breath – Causes and Treatment Options
- Top Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry Answered
- Why It’s Important To Have Dental Implants Fitted Locally
- Tips for Oral Care during Pregnancy
- Suffering From Hypodontia? Get Dental Implants
- Practical Tips To Maintain Good Oral Health
- How To Manage Sensitivity After Teeth Whitening
- How Teeth Grinding Can Compromise Dental Health
- How Does The Food You Eat Affect Your Oral Health?
- Dental Procedures To Correct Deep Bites
- Dental And Cosmetic Reasons To Wear Braces
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures To Improve Your Smile
- Common Oral Health Issues Most People Face
- Common Dental Procedures To Improve Your Smile
- Common Causes Of A Metallic Taste In The Mouth
- 3 Oral Health Care Mistakes You Must Avoid
- Basic Dental Care Tips to Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
- Achieve Your Desired Smile Makeover With Dental Bonding
- 6 Common Dental Problems And How To Fix Them
- 5 Facts About Dental Implants You Need to Know
- 4 Things Your Dentist Will Probably Tell You On The Next Visit
- 4 Natural Ways To Improve Your Smile